Welcome to my website, I am a qualified Sports and Holistic massage therapist who has completed the below courses in massage therapy.
ITEC Level 4 in Sports Massage and Injuries
S.N.H.S Dip in Holistic Massage Therapy
FHT in Trigger Point Therapy
FHT in Deep Tissue Massage
British Red Cross First Aid at Work
Chinese Cupping CPD
Kinesiology taping CPD
Taping & Strapping CPD
The purpose of this website is to introduce you to my services and to educate you about the benefits of massage and how it can help with several everyday problems that you may suffer from. I believe that everybody should experience massage and should have massage on a regular basis to ease posture and tension problems within your muscular system.
Benefits of Massage:
The term massage is used to describe the physical manipulation of the soft tissue of the body. These include the superficial and deep muscles of the muscular system and their attached ligaments and tendons using the hands or mechanical devices. There are various health benefits to massage which you can see below.
The Health Benefits of Massage
- Massage calms the nervous system and promotes a sense of relaxation and well being.
- Massage reduces tension and anxiety.
- Massage improves blood circulation, which delivers oxygen and nutrients to the cells.
- Massage stimulates the lymphatic system, which carries away the body’s waste products.
- Massage prevents and relieve muscles cramps and spasms.
- Massage therapy can help with pain management in conditions such as, sciatica, muscle spasms.
- Massage helps to maintain posture by relieving tension in the muscles
There are few contra-indications to be made aware of as well, these are:
- Open wounds
- Muscle ruptures
- Tendon ruptures
- Burns, Chilblains and Broken bones
- Rheumatoid Arthritis and Gout
- Myositis ossificans
- Infections of the skin and soft tissue
- Artificial blood vessels
- Bleeding disorders such as hemophilia
- Treatment is covered within an hour session of £35
To arrange an appointment please see my contact us page to arrange a home visit within the comfort of your home.